Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's been a long time...

I know I haven't been in here in quite a while...let's just say that it's been a very eventful year! Last time I visited was over a year ago and I was busy in the midst of preparing for baby Chloe. She was born on January 8, 2012, and life has been a whirlwind ever since!

I absolutely love being a mom. We are lucky that we have a very well-behaved, (mostly) easy-going child, so that helps. But even with the constant stream of bottles, baths, and diaper changes, I've found that those little tasks are what make motherhood so fulfilling. It's like I just don't have as much time to think about the things in life that I might have spent time brooding on before, which in turn makes me happier. Does that make sense? Of course, sometimes I miss the endless hours of free time I had to whatever I wanted...or nothing at all. Maybe I'll get that back again some day, but it won't be for a long,  long time, and that's just fine with me right now.

One of the things I've struggled with after baby is a healthy routine. It seemed like I was stuck in pregnancy eating mode long after Chloe was born. Part of it was and continues to be lack of time. Sometimes you just want to do what's easy! I've slowly begun adding workouts back into my routine, which also took a long time to do. Quite honestly, my mind was wrapped up in other things and exercise wasn't a priority to me most days, even though I knew it would be beneficial. Part of the reason I would like to get start blogging more regularly is to hold myself accountable for healthy habits.  Now that I have a baby and she's starting to eat some of the same things we do, it's now more important than ever before to make sure we set good examples and eat nutritious meals, so that is also going to be a focus of my return to blogging.

For now, I'll share my super yummy breakfast smoothie recipe from this morning. It's basically like eating a salad for breakfast, but tastier! All I did was blend 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries, 1 very ripe banana, and a 1/2 cup of spinach. It was delicious and made a huge serving! I promise you cannot taste the spinach at all with the berries. This is a great way to sneak in some veggies first thing in the morning.

I will be back, promise!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment